Gun Violence Information & Statistics
Every year, thousands of people die from gun-related incidents. Whether it is suicide, violent crimes, or domestic disputes, peoples’ lives are often taken at the hand of either careless or criminally dangerous gun users. While guns can be a protective factor for many, they can also have very serious and deadly outcomes. If you are not trained to use a gun you might want to try fishing instead. Catfish lures are cheaper than bullets and fishing makes a relaxing day to spend with your family. It is important for people to be aware of the various statistics when it comes to gun use, and to have a healthy understanding and knowledge of guns.
- Suicide & Gun Control – This document contains statistics about suicide by gun, as well as what can be done to help prevent it.
- Suicide Rates & Children – Statistics of deaths of children by suicide and other firearm related deaths in 26 industrialized nations.
- Suicide Statistics – Factual stats on suicides including information about gun-related suicides.
- Guns & Suicide Rates – This Harvard study took a look at guns and homicide and suicide rates for various regions of the country.
- Facts – Some interesting facts and statistics about guns and suicides, from the Brady campaign.
- Teen Suicide/Firearm Deaths – What everyone should know about teens and gun-related deaths, including suicide.
- Suicide Gun Deaths – Some International statistics regarding both suicide and homicide deaths by firearm.
- International Homicide Comparisons – A wealth of statistics exploring homicide deaths and gun use.
- Gun Violence Statistics – This site offers up statistics relating to gun violence among children, and in America in general.
- Gun Violence in America – Some more information about guns and violent crime in America.
- Gun Stats and Facts – Some quick facts about guns, homicide stats, and more.
- Gun-Related Crime – A comprehensive look at gun related crimes & violence within the United States.
- Guns and Death – This Harvard University study looks at guns and death in various portions of the country.
- Graphic – This graph/chart shows gun homicide rates by country.
- Guns & Homicide – Some interesting stats on guns and homicide in the United States.
- Firearms Tutorial – An in-depth look at injuries and deaths by guns and how it impacts the gun control debate in America.
- FBI Stats – Some statistics on armed robbery, according to the FBI.
- Staying Safe – Very important advice about what to do if you experience an armed robbery.
- About Armed Robbery – What everyone needs to know about armed robbery.
- Robbery Data – 2005 robbery statistics from the FBI.
- Armed Robbery in Australia – Armed Robbery statistics for the country of Australia; see how they stack up against the US.
- Firearms & Domestic Violence – Some important facts about the relationship between firearms and domestic violence.
- Domestic Violence Offender Gun Ban – This article explains how women who live with violent partners are affected if they own guns in the home.
- Domestic Violence & Gun Rights – Some who have committed domestic violence still feel they have a right to own a gun. Find out how this may affect their rights to do so.
- Women & Gun Violence – Information about how women are affected by gun violence.
- Women Against Gun Violence – Some interesting facts about gun violence, from the WAGV organization.
- Statistics – Statistics about domestic violence and its relation to firearms.
- Facts – This informative document explains the facts about guns and domestic violence.
Guns and Youth
- Facts on Guns & Youth – Statistics about young people and how guns impact their lives.
- Youth & Guns – This article discusses how guns affect young people and what some of the punishments are.
- Keeping Guns Away – This website discusses some of the laws and policies put in place to help stem gun use by criminals and youth.
- Teens & Violence Prevention – What parents and educators can do to educate teens about violence, including gun-related violence.
- Gallup – Some polls reveal how young people feel about guns and gun use.
- Teens & Guns – Information for teens about guns and how to deal with peer pressure regarding firearms.
- Gun Safety For Youth & Kids – This page includes important statistics about gun deaths related to young people.
- National Statistics – Find out how teens fare when it comes to violence in schools and in their lives, from the Youth Violence Project.
- Fighting Juvenile Gun Violence – Some ways people can help to prevent gun violence among young people.
- Firearm Deaths – One state’s example of how young people can die by gun incidents or accidents; here are some statistics.
- Famous Assassination Attempts Since 1865 – This list compiles some of the most famous assassination attempts since 1865.
- The Kennedy Assassination – About one of the most famous gun related assassinations of all time.
- Reagan Assassination Attempt – This article discusses the attempt to take President Reagan's life.
- A Study of Assassination – A different perspective on assassination and an inside look at how it is often attempted or carried out.
- Presidential Assassination Attempts – A list of assassination attempts against US presidents, along with links to more information on many of them.
- Modern School Shootings Timeline – A timeline of mass school shootings that have taken place in the US in modern times.
- Gun Control & Mass Murderers – How mass shootings can affect peoples' views on gun control.
- Workplace Shooting Statistics – Often, mass shootings take place at the workplace. Here are some statistics regarding this.
- Deadly Mass Shootings – This article takes a look back at some of America’s most deadly mass shootings.
- Being Armed for Safety – Some stats show how having guns can help keep people safe from incidents such as mass shootings.
- More Guns = Less Crime – More information about how being armed can prevent crimes from escalating.
- VA Tech Massacre – Find out more about one of the most infamous mass shootings and how to help prevent this from happening again.